Thursday 23 February 2012

My Words

I feel grey when I am numb
In my mind spirituality succumbs,
Spirituality which is dumb.
Where am I?
One tiny upright speck of flesh,
I whimper for you my love,
I whimper for your 'yes'.

Does this happen to you too?
When you know that it is for no reason,
When you know that it will only win you a treason,
And when you cant see any signs..yet you know,
That you're going lower..too slow.

I am startled when I realise
What you want in me is Christ.
There is no time and only space,
Who can say it was life you would not embrace?
And my soul can't leave you wherever you are
Because I know this happens to you too

When you know that it is for no reason,
When you know but you won't admit..love had you imprisoned,
And when all this time you ignored the signs..though you knew
that you loved me too..and you still do.

But I wont give in
My fists are shut, my mouth set fast.
I will not take that direction
to the darkness, into the holocaust.
I walk towards the glowing town
where you are..where you will be.
And I will make us last,
baby I will let 'us' go free..

1 comment: